Thursday, April 26

Thursday 13 #2

Yes, I know I missed last week, so i'm gonna end up putting up 2 today, lol. But here are 13 Things That Happened when I Saw My Grandma for the first time in 13 years.

1- The best warm hug I've had since the last time I saw her
2- Mackenzie Read to her great-grandmother
3- I met Sean's Girls Crete and Clare, and Greg's daughter Heather who I'd never met before
4- My Grandma, who used to tell my mom to let me have a cookie.... over ruled me when I told my kids they couldn't have a cookie (btw that was really cool, lol)
5- I saw a family lineage of her line of our family, dating back to 1624!!
6- I learned my grandmother has had the same pen-pal for more than 60 years... and they still write to eachother!
7- Was given a picture of my grandpa where he was being incredibly silly, and making a face that I thought only zach would ever make, rofl
8- Was able to teach Crete how to finish off a rnd before starting hte next one on a crochet project she is working on
9- Met Emily, who is really cool and funky, and very nice!
10- Took a picture with 4 generations of my family in it!!
11- Was able to sit in a conversation where I'm pretty sure it was established my grandparents know EVERYONE
12- Emily gave my daughters more clothes than they are ever going to need, lol, I mean bags and bags and bags of shirts and dresses and jeans, you should see all the stuff
13- My husband was actaully a little sociable, but was great about wrangling the kids so I could enjoy the time with my mom, grandma, Aunt Betty, and Aunt Emily.

It was such a great day! I was so glad to be able to look through OLD, like from 1920-40's OLD photographs, and sit and talk with her, and when Mackenzie read to her, it was so cool to me! And the girls were so sweet and polite all day, they really put their best foot forward. And they weren't shy with her, they both just hugged her, and jadyn warmed up after an hour or so, then everyone got to see her giggling, and hear her talk, and being silly.

Clare, Crete and Heater are very sweet young ladies, and it was such a joy to meet them. I have so many cousins, and really know very few of them. It's nice to meet some of them. We're going back this Sunday, and going to lunch, then going back NExt Saturday to attend a huge party that Aunt Betty and Uncle Dave are throwing for her. There I will meet LOTS of cousins and their kids, and others that I havn't really gotten to know. I'm really excited about it, should be fun.

It was so great to see her, can't really describe how great. After my grandfather died she went to live with Aunt and Uncle,and he's in the Air Force, so they've moved a bit. Being in Washington State, Guatemala, Florida, and we've just never had the means to go and visit them. Something I'd like to change, and see about going down to see them next spring.

Anyway, I'm still high in the clouds from the visit, and wanted to share some of that with you all.

~Ada

No comments: