Monday, November 19

Great Mail and More Mittens

OK, so multiple posts in one day isn't usually my thing, and may be indicitive of a soon coming lull in posting, but this needs to be put out there. I was sitting at the computer minding my own business, looking at this pattern: Bev's Marvelous Mittens

Making these mittens:






When I heard a "sllluushh" on the front porch and went outside to discover this:






Open it up and it looks like this:






Dump it on a chair and it looks like this:






Get excited children to line em up so I can take a full picture and you get this:








And when you finish lining them up neatly to get a clear view you get this:






And so you don't have to do the math, YES this is a full 48 squares, and that happens to be the number needed to make 1 comfortghan!!!! These were sent to me by Pineknott from Crochetville, and I must say Linda is simply an angel, she has sent me squares before and now this is just TOO MUCH, these squares are really going to make a beautiful gift of love for someone. I can't wait to join them all and show the final product!!!

Now about the mittens, I was scrambling to get Kenzie's done before she went to her Adventurers club meeting today, and I am glad to say, I BARELY met the deadline, but she is in fact off at Adventurers donning her brand new made by mommy mittens. She loves them, she picked the colors, Dark Orchid and Raspberry:











So that's it for today, even if I finish more, no more pictures or posts until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm in love with those squares, haha that sounds funny but its true, they are gorgeous!
Did you finish putting them together? I would love to see it all finished. I'm sure its beautiful!

PS. I got the link for Bev's mittens that you posted above.