Wednesday, February 14

100 things you might not want to know about me

Let's see, everyone does this basically right? 100 things about themselves, well maybe I won't hit 100, but here we go.....

1. I am married to the first boy I ever kissed not on a dare
2. I grew up in NY but never went ice skating, though was able to visit Disney World.
3. I lived in Florida for 4 years, learned how to ice skate, and never went to Disney world...
4. I've only ever been admitted to the hospital for the purposes of giving birth
5. I was hit by a car in 3rd grade, went to the ER but didn't need to be admitted
6. I remember living in the Green House in Unadilla
7. I was accepted to but never attended FSU
8. I have marched in a half time show for the Jacksonville Jaguars
9. I believe when I go to heaven I'll be reuinited with my Clarinet
10. I am the 2nd of 4 daughters or the 4th of 4 depending on which parent you ask
11. I have never received a handmade gift I didn't absolutely love
12. I love knowing that someone somewhere is thinking about me
13. I have given birth twice with an epidural and once All Natural, and if I ever have a 4th I will go natural again
14. I was named after my great-grandmother
15. I wanted to know how to crochet because my great-grandmother was a crocheter and I feel connected to her
16. I am going back to school April 16th to get my Bachelors Degree in eBusiness Management
17. I have recently begun doing comissioned crochet work, and I love it
18. I love learning every craft I can getmy hands on, except knitting
19. I want to make more beaded jewelry than I currently do.... maybe an increased bead supply is the trick
20. I want to own a Jimbo Hook
21. KNowing that I probably won't own a Jimbo, I want to learn to make my own
22. I babysit my neice while my sister works at Wal-mart
23. I don't make baby blankets for family members, only friends
24. Family children get blankets for their 5th birthday, since they will then be old enough to remember who gave it to them and love it
25. My nephew Gavin is the most handsome little boy I've ever seen, and not because he is my nephew, he is seriously just too handsome
26. I'm on a quest to complete at least 480 6" squares for comfortghans I want to put together for shut-ins and sick in my area
27. I am a homeschooler, until my children at least finish the 3rd grade
28. I want to live in Princeton, NC near tiffany.... or somewhere with Lake Effects snow
29. I want to take my mother on a trip to Ireland, fulfill her life long dream, and one of my desires
30. I want to live for a year in Alaska before I die
31. I want to capture the beauty of the Northern Lights in an Afghan when the year is up
32. I remember Mr. Burkett reading "The Cremation of Sam McGee" when I was in 7th grade, can still hear his voice as I recite it, and would love to one day have it in a frame
33. Mr. Smith once made me hand in a math paper where he had bumped my arm to make me mark it all the way up, to show me that I don't always have to be perfect
34. As good intentioned as he was, Mr. Smith failed in teaching me the lesson
35. Being a Marching Brave gave me some of my best memories
36. My first job was McDonalds
37. I love Earl Grey Tea
38. I love English Dessert Teas
39. Milky Way is the best candy bar ever created
40. I am the proud owner of all of Cupcakes Aussie animal patterns, but havn't made any of them yet
41. The smell of lilacs can make me smile no ,atter how grumpy I am
42. I was raised by a woman who would skip meals so that her children could eat until they were full (Love ya mom!)
43. I am not a pet owner, and don't desire to be, but I feel very strongly that those who step up to that challenge need to treat their pets as well or better than they would treat a child
44. My husband and oldest daughter once rescued an orphaned squirrel
45. I thought the squirrel was adorable
46. I didn't see the movie "Ghost" until 2 days ago (I'm 25) and I LOVE it!!!
47. I have a thing for stationary... pens, pencils, notebooks, highlighters, journals, paper that matches my envelopes, stickers.... I'm nuts for the stuff
48. I've passed that love onto my children
49. I don't think there is any such thing as too many stuffies, they are simply too cute!
50. Safety pins are my favorite stich markers..... I just cant seem to figure out how to get the beads on the other side
51. I have more sketches than I will ever be able to write up patterns for
52. I draw and never let anyone see it, no one, not even hubby, it's mine
53. I wish I was able to let go and allow myself to do freeform crochet, but I can't start something without an idea of what it will be
54. I go to Bible study every week, but church not nearly as much
55. We don't own a car
56. We have been without furniture for the last 6 months, but that will change in 9 days!!!
57. I love throw pillows
58. I've never had less than 7 projects in the works at any given time
59. I have a love affair with Swiss Cake Rolls
60. I only own 3 pairs of shoes
61. I must admit I think sock monkeys are ugly little things
62. I love learning to cook new things
63. My husband is a better cook than I am
64. I make bread when I'm really angry... pounding the dough makes me feel better
65. I love snow, winter, cold
66. I love thread crochet, but only own 1 steel hook
67. I want to be able to make wearbles for myself, not just my children
68. I love looking at others people's blogs
69. I have fallen in love with plastic canvas
70. when i was little, i wanted to be a psychologist
71. I started Nursing school, and was doing well, but stopped after the birth of my 2nd child
72. My 2nd child was named for 2 people, and my 1st and 3rd were named for no one
73. I think it would be cool to name a child after my grandma, because I was named after my mother's
74. I don't think that there is any such thing as "too much" yarn
75. I want to place a large order through Smiley's Yarns on-line, especially homespun as cheap as it is
76. I love fridgies, and want to design more of them
77. I am terrified of Dogs
78. Michael Myers is the scariest character ever invented
79. I can't watch Halloween or Halloween II alone, even during the day, with all the lights on
80. I have read the entire Mayfair Witch series by Anne Rice
81. I love being scared, except in regards to #78 & 79
82. My father didn't attend my high school graduation
83. I was once a Bookeeper for Food Lion
84. I laughed when Mr. Gilbert was hit in the chin with the bowling ball pednulum that day in physics, because he didn't blindly accept the laws of physics
85. I love Carrie Underwood
86. Kenny Chesney makes my heart race
87. Can't fill this one in without revealing myself to my sp
88. Living where I am now, is the first time i've lived somewhere with a yard
89. I want to plant a garden with my girls this year
90. I liked and was a little weirded out by "The Confederate States of America" and can't help but wonder.... if the North had lost, they would have fought again right?
91. Best History book I've ever read was "The People's History of the United States" it's history from the perspective of it's losers
92. I cherish the 1 A I was given by Mrs. Jansen... believe me it was a big deal
93. That waterfall in the smokeys in North Carolina will stay with me for the rest of my life
94. "As The Deer" is still my favorite song, ty Jason for teaching it to me
95. Every now and then I still play my old N'Sync Cds
96. I still know the lyrics to the opening theme to "the Fresh Prince of Bel-air" and "blossom"
97. I check that my doors are locked at least 4 times before I can fall asleep
98. My husband is my best friend, and makes me feel very safe and loved
99. This is the year I graduated from High School
100. Mackenzie, Dawn and Jadyn are my greatest joys. Amber, Gavin, and Alicia are the best neices and nephew anyone could ask for.

No comments: